1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Im tired of people sayin its just 3d!!!

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Sonic The Hedgehog, May 5, 2011.

1. Ultra Kart Racer IV

Ultra Kart Racer IV *flashes badge*
    Merlee

I wonder why Nintendo didn't realize this would happen with some of the 3DS' commercials.
    Still, just look at it!
    Surely the different look of the outer shell and addition of some new control methods says something about it being more than a regular DS with a 3D screen.

2. Zeek

Cool your jets there, sonny, not everyone loves what everyone else loves. If you want to talk more about OoT and why I seemingly belong in Hell or something because of my attitude towards it, shoot me a PM. Anymore more talk about me and my apparently blasphemous statement will be ignored in this topic.

But, anyway, Nintendo's ad campaigns lately have been focusing on other things than the 3D component (almost ignoring it, actually). The latest batch of TV ads promote the upcoming software line-up, and most of the online ads I've seen are showing off the horridly bland eShop. Initially, Nintendo was heavily touting the 3D component of the system, but it seems even they have shifted focus. I do think by this point in time people are starting to see that the 3D of the 3DS isn't really a vital part as much as the internals pumping out nice looking, [hopefully] fun games.

3. Ultra Kart Racer IV

Merlee

Some of the earlier ads put an emphasis on 3D, and not so much on other things.
    Maybe that's why some people think the only new thing is a 3D screen.

4. Gamefudge

Gamefudge ULTIMATE LIFE FORM

I also noticed that. The first adverts were all "3d WITHOUT glasses! WITHOUT glasses!"
    The new adverts NEVER even mention the 3D OR the 3D cameras at all.

5. Ultra Kart Racer IV

Merlee

I haven't talked to someone in person about the 3DS in a while, so the other two posts I wrote above where based on previous conversations from when the 3DS was launched and the week or so after.
    School is starting soon for me.
    This gives me a chance too ask around again and see what my classmates say about it now compared to before the summertime and will hopefully see a difference.

6. shark

shark Guest

its not just 3d befor 2012

7. Gamefudge

don't worry, i know XD
    I'm just a little suprised. I've seen people not be too much of a fan, but never dislike it, but there you go. enjoy Luigi's mansion when you get it though :)

8. Kiba

I remember being in Target, near the 3DS demo station and a kid(10 or 11) was playing the Zelda Demo, his Dad walked up and asked how the 3D effects were. The kid said "There pretty good! Especially the plants!" I kinda walked by and said "Here the 3D isnt turned on" (I slid the slider all the way up) They were really impressed by it! I told them they can adjust the slider for what they want, or even turn 3D off all together. The Father said that they were looking at getting one. I also said its not just a DS with 3D, it has way better graphics. They thanked me as I walked away. It felt pretty good to help them out and was able to maybe encourage them to purchase one then or later on.

9. Gamefudge

If only we could do that to EVERYONE

10. Kiba

Haha I know right!? I always tend to help people in stores even though I dont work there. People need to understand its basically a portable Gamecube/Wii in there hands with 3D capabilities. It felt really good though, I was thinking Wow, they didnt even have 3D on and they liked it!

11. Gamefudge

Thanks to you that kid could have hours of joy

12. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

38%
    Six years later and the 3DS is still running strong!

PandaStripe likes this.