1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas of new features for the 3DS

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by 3D Gamer, Sep 15, 2010.

1. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    I looked through the forums, and thought it would be safe to make this one.

I was thinking about a Wi-fi feature that allows people to communicate around the world
    using video chat.
    How it works:
    The game/movie you are playing will go in a backlight and a screen saying "call from
    (3DS Name)" will appear. You can choose to Ignore it or answer.

That's my suggestion, what's yours?

2. OthelloIII

Bringing some proper augmented reality gaming to the mainstream market. With the immersive capabilities of the 3DS plus the cameras ofc there is so much scope to do something fantastic with it. Whether its minigames in something like pokemon or entire games made from it, I would love to see it.

One idea could be to combine it with a tcg a la eye of judgement, using easily identifiable patters on the card to generate rendered models in the game taking a tcg from quite a static context to a more active one. Thats just my two pennies.

3. hodgem08

I think it would be awsome im you could talk to people online by using the mic and also you could have MSN and do webcam chat!

4. GYNGA

Skype would be awesome if 3DS will have 3G.

5. Qaiz

Vibration would be awesome, especially in a game like Mario Kart, or Kid Icarus.

Another game that would use the vibration to great effect is Metal Gear Solid, a game famous for breaking the 4th wall.

6. Dannyboy

7. Qaiz

Well this is about features we WOULD like, the other thread was more about confirmed features.

8. hodgem08

i think the 3DS should have a 3DS store like the dsi so u can download movies and 3dsware

9. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    That's what I think should happen to.

10. GYNGA

Yeah, vibration could give nice effect in some games.

11. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'd like the gyroscope to be used in puzzle games, but it would also benefit in shooters, and maybe even racing games.

12. Axis

Dude!! Thats awesome!!!
    I could never have thought an idea like that!!

If it were true..AND had 3G 24/7 It could double as a awesome Phone with video talk-ability..no?

3D Gamer likes this.
  13. GYNGA

I wish that we could turn on few games/programs at the same time, for example you are chating with your friend with Skype or something like that, then you can minimize that program and turn on and play game while waiting for your friend's message. Or for another example you are listening to music and playing at the same time and you wish to turn another song, so you minimize game and maximize player to change song. But there is a problem, it must be a powerful device if you want that few programs would work clearly at the same time.

14. Qaiz

Background music would be awesome, but having multiple things running at once will slow it down

15. GYNGA

Background music wouldn't slow down the device (you can listen music like that on PSP and no influence is made), but for example internet, music and game at once - yes. On some Sony Ericsson cellphones 5 apps/games can be turned on at the same and you can still use the device normaly and I really liked that feature. Even if it get freezed sometimes because of that.

16. Qaiz

I didn't say Music would slow it down, I said 'Multiple things' like Skype...

17. OthelloIII

Sorry to be a part pooper but I would not expect background thread handling from the 3DS considering the DSs' current architecture...

18. Qaiz

The 3DS is more powerful tho, it has a better GPU, CPU, Ram and more.

Plus I expect the UI to be more advanced since it's aimed at hardcore gamers more then kids.

The 3DS also has a home button, maybe if you play a song and press the Home button, it returns to the main menu while maintaining the music.

19. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    That would be awesome! I just read a great article about 3DS features, it's just what someone wants to see, not factual information, but it's still interesting. Check it out here!

20. GYNGA

Oh sorry, I didn't understood right.

21. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    With all the DSi camera features, I'm think they should add at least 2 more features with something
    to do with the Boom-Boomog Slider and the 3D camera.

22. Qaiz

Yh More special effects should be cool since it is 3D now and has a much better Graphics Processor.

23. GYNGA

I would like to do some edit after taking the picture. Crop, colors and brightness edit would be nice feature.

24. Steffex

i think we can forget about video calling cuz nintendo does games and not really goes to the calling people side of handhelds maybe in some games for mutliplayer things like..

a puzzle game that has a wall with 2 sides the 1 person sees the pattern on the back side and the 2nd person sees the other side and then they have to work together and tell eachother what they see then they have to combine those things to get an answer (something like a picture puzzle thingy but then.. different and maybe they could use the camera to look at eachother.. )

it would also be cool to have like some mini games for mii caracters that are free and have score lists to compeat with eachother or something

25. Qaiz

Well Nintendo are a games company but they still brought cameras to the 3DS and music players as well as other non gaming features like Mii's...

26. Supper

Video calling is a possibility, taking into account the WiiSpeak channel. I just hope chat isn't implemented like the WiiSpeak Channel.

27. chris

3d video calling from 3ds to 3ds would be great

28. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    This thread should be closing down soon since we already know the comfirmed features.:eek:
    The problem is I need somebody lock it for me.:confused:

29. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Why lock it? We can complain about things that didn't make it into the 3DS, now that we know what it has.

30. Qaiz

It has just about everything I want, but I still wish you could turn off that darn Wifi, I've seen a button that indicates a wireless toggle, but They say it can still connect while asleep via Spotpass and Streetpass, I just hope you can turn if off!