1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

I just bought an Xbox 360. Was it a good idea?

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by jl32194, Sep 21, 2010.

1. jl32194

So i just bought an Xbox 360. What are your opinions on the Xbox 360?

2. GYNGA

Congratulations with a new purchase. I hope it will give you a lot of joy of playing. X360 is good console for sure, but I would prefer PS3 because I think its exclusives are better :eek:

3. chris

Ps3 are way better. Waste of money to me

4. jl32194

I already have a Wii and a PS3, so I figured I would buy it to try it out.

5. Roy

Roy

Yeah, xbox is great.
    I don't have one but I played one at a friends house and it's a great console.

6. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    I've got both as well. What I love about the Xbox is that you can spend days just playing through the vast collection of demos. Overall though I prefer LittleBigPlanet, Heavy Rain and Metal Gear Solid to Halo and Gears of War. But then I'm in the minority being the only gamer I know who dislikes FPS games.

7. jl32194

I don't like FPS games, but I do love Fable.

8. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Omg, I thought I'd never live to hear another soul say that!! :D:D:D

Ahem. Sorry. Please excuse my sudden outburst. I never liked shooters and probably never will.

I'd say the Xbox 360 isn't worth it, unless you really love its (few) exclusives like Halo or GoW that much. You can get pretty much all the other big shooters and action games on the PS3 and PC...

...and soon, let's hope, the 3DS.

9. GYNGA

GoW? You mean God of War? You made a mistake then, because God of War is PlayStation exclusive.

Talking about X360: earlier it was the best choice for the gamers who want play for free. Now, when PS3 can be jailbreaked too... I don't know, maybe for the less price, because I saw in advertisements sites that you can find used X360 for just about $150 - $190. So I think the only reason I would buy Xbox360 it is cheaper than PS3.

10. DeadEye

It's a fine console. I hope you enjoy it. In the end only you can answer your question. I own a 360 myself and have found it to be a splendid bit of kit.

11. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Whoops. Shoulda made it more clear that I meant Gears of War. I forgot about God of War for a second there.

12. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I don't really like FPS's either, the only exceptions are the Metroid Prime games (obviously not MP Pinball -.-). My brother-in-law has an Xbox 360, and he said it freezes all the time, whether it's just something wrong with his console specifically, or something common with them.

13. Supper

I don't like most FPSes with the exception of Halo. (No, I'm not a fanboy) I tried Halo 2 once at a friend's house, and I loved it! I have bought Halo 3 and Halo Reach since then. On the contrary, when I tried COD MW, I didn't like it very much.

14. Fifth_Muskateer

Blahh I just recently got one just for Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 2 and it was a good thing the console was cheap, but besides that PS3 is a whole lot better. Just a shame that the online communication isn't as good as the 360's. If you ever did get a PS3 make sure you pick up Uncharted 2 best game i've played so far, ohh and also Metal Gear solid 4 that game was sweet! Spent allot of my time playing Metal Gear Online and hopefully MGO will be coming out for the 3ds on MGS3!

15. Supper

Even though I don't own one I think that the PS3 is better now; the only advantages the Xbox 360 has is its online and some game exclusives, but you have to pay for the online experience anyways...