1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

How would you like us to rate games?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Adam, Oct 29, 2010.

?

How should we rate games?

1. It works, stick with standard ratings

62.5%
  2. I'll risk it sucking, try something new

37.5%
  1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    When we start doing reviews, would you like to see games rated out of 100/10/5 like most reviewers do or would you be open to something a bit different?

I don't want to give away what I'm thinking of yet but I'm just wondering how many complaints like, "This is a rubbish way to rate games, why not just give it a percent?" I would get.

2. will

why not write two reviews for the first game you review and then let people vote on whether they wont it your new way or the traditional way.

3. Supper

Hmmmmm..... I think you should rate games out of 10, but a letter grade would work, too.

4. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I personally think it should be out of 10, since out of 100 is way too much, and out of five is too little!

5. Dan Jayden

Don't rate with a number. Simply list the positives and negatives of the game, talk about your experience playing it, and let people decide if they want it.

6. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    I like Supper's idea the letter grade. I also agree with Someone - 100/100 is too much, so my suggestion is either letter grade or rate it out of ten.
    Of course, you don't have to go with what I think.

7. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    i think you should give it a blank out of ten grade and also list the pros and cons

8. chris

Out of 10 will work fine

9. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Thanks for your feedback. I could actually use both systems and see which is more popular. A mark out of 10 and another type of mark.

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

What do you think would work best, Adam?

11. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I don't know what you have in mind, Adam (maybe you could PM or email me about it?), but I was thinking that we could do what Famitsu does and have everyone on the team review the game and give it a score out of ten. Then, we add all of our scores together to give it a total out of 40; it's nice because it reflects the opinion of the entire site, not just whoever was assigned to review a particular game.

I'm definitely down for testing out different ways of doing it, though. Count me in for that.

12. GYNGA

I voted for standart ratings, I don't know why, there is no big difference to me. I will happy with simple reviews and ratings, but if you would make it special and interesting then it's OK.

13. Bartman2

Feld0's idea is good im agreeing with that

14. will

i think you should however you want but have a list of games that you think if people enjoyed them they would enjoy the game your reviewing