1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

How will DS games work on the 3DS?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Feld0, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Ah, yes. I've been looking forward to creating this topic for a while now; I'm quite surprised that the closest we got was simply some chatter about the resolution problem, though there's quite a bit more to the matter than just that.

Well, I hope you've seen my latest feature by now, which addresses the entire topic in detail. Let's make this the official place to discuss it. What are your thoughts on the 3DS's backwards compatibility with DS games?

2. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'm guessing they'll just shrink the screens. By the way, great article, your a fabulous writer, and also I love how you used Yoshi's Island screenshots, that was a great game.

3. Qaiz

As long as it plays the DS games, I couldn't care less, even if it played in Monochrome.

4. brian6330

Parakarry

I hope that there won't be too much problems, but it will be kind of weird to use the D-Pad for games. (Since they moved it.)

5. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    True. It will be quite awkward like that. I'm sure we'll get used to it though. It's like the first time you play a Wii (if you did), it's difficult to play at first, but eventually you become a pro.

6. Qaiz

Yeah, for some reason people hate change since they are accustomed to their routine, but you have to move with the times.

Life goes on.

7. GYNGA

I have never had DS and hardly understand how these mini games like Mario Kart or whatever could be so interesting not for kids only, but for teenagers and adults also. I hope I'll try them on 3DS :)

8. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I think because of the fun competition. That's the reason I love Mario Kart. I play it on Wifi all the time.

9. Qaiz

Its because the games are lighthearted and not serious, yet strangely addictive and competitive.

10. Supper

I wonder how the loss of the top touch screen will be compensated for. (LoZ, anyone?)

11. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

How is Mario Kart a minigame? :confused: A minigame is faaaaar smaller than that, trust me.

@Supper: The DS's top screen never was touch-sensitive, so there would be no issue there.

12. Supper

Hmf, I swear someone said that the both DS screens were touch screens, but I never owned a DS, and I'll take your word for it.

13. Qaiz

No, both screens were not touch orientated. Only the bottom screen is touch

14. jojo71

yep its true supper, sorry Feld0 for being off topic

15. GYNGA

Sorry, but in comparison with PSP games, DS hardware and graphics games looks like mini games to me. That's why I want to try them - to see what's so interesting in them :)

16. Supper

Maybe your local Gamestop or something will let you demo some DS games.......