1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Hello, I'm the user 'helping' from the Live 3DS Event Coverage.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Helping, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Helping

It was great getting all that superb 3DS news, so, thanks to Peter for the coverage (and Adam for this site and being there much later lol :p) and the cool chat. New here (only visited once before) so now that I'm registered I hope to have lots of fun in this great community.

Hope I was of adequate help on the live coverage, it was a blast. Can't wait for the exciting, intricate, exquisite, and delicious conversations to be had here. Nice meeting you all, Peter, Adam, the users from the coverage and all the users here!

2. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Nice to have you on board Helping. Yeah, your participation was very much appreciated after Peter went and you knew all the answers which I didn't have a clue about because I slept through the conference.

3. Helping

It's no problem, it felt good helping. Sandman got to you early, huh.

4. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Hey Helping! Now I can finally say hi to you personally!

Yes, yours truly was covering the event for you and 4891 other viewers. I'm so glad you enjoyed it; I almost went crazy trying to keep up with, like, 5 Twitter feeds that were going into it, and some commenters were being really rude with comments like "update faster!" or "why aren't you answering my questions?!" In all the hustle and kabbuble, lots of people seemed to forget I was running the whole live blog all alone, and I'm really glad to see someone appreciating what I did manage to do. ;) You sorta already know me as the guy who kept on with the coverage even when other sites were crashing left and right, but allow me to give you my formal introduction. :p

I'm Peter, Adam's first writer as well as the site's assistant editor and forum community manager. You could also call me the site's unofficial (but exceedingly proud :p) Yoshi fan, author, and composer. I hereby officially welcome you to the 3DS Forum! Visit often, post lots, and have fun! And don't be afraid to reach out to me or Adam if you ever need a "Helping" hand. xD

5. Helping

Hello Peter :D It was pretty hectic. I tried reminding people that it's hard for one person to take care of so many people, so that's why I wanted to help so badly, because, I envisioned myself in that position. I also tried telling them about the almighty search function (ctrl+f on Windows) which would take them to where their concern was talked about already so that they don't have to repeat the same questions or get the same answer.

I saw other sites trying to keep a live blog but I thought the way it was being hosted on that livecoverage site was way better. So yes I enjoyed it a lot, I love the DS and even just watching screens and videos of all the news for the 3DS gets me excited.

Good to get to know you better! I also like Yoshi, I always select him when playing games like Mario Party, Mario Kart, etc. (I choose Pikachu for Smash Bros. though :p)
    I am always happy about his appearances in games like Paper Mario and Super Mario Sunshine, and even though I haven't gotten to it yet, Super Mario Galaxy 2. Whoa you're a composer too? Sweet! And it sounds like you enjoy writing lots too. That's good to hear. I used to enjoy writing lots when I was younger but it was always for school assignments and such. Aside from assignments, some personal log entries, letter writing, and forum posting (if you wanna call that writing lol) I don't do much of it or at least to the extent that you do.

Thanks for the warm welcome and hopefully my threads are at least acknowledged (only Supper posted in one of them lol) but yeah I'll keep coming back, no doubt about that :D (BTW check my thread about A Boy and His Blob, it may have to be removed from the 3DS games section). And I'll definitely be sure to ask about anything if need be :D You should post some of your music and maybe we can play Smash Bros. online sometime.

6. GYNGA

Hello Helping :eek: Nice nickname :D

7. Helping

Hey GYNGA :D You have an interesting name as well :D Nice to meet you!

8. chris

Hey feld0 i dont think helping likes those sort of helping 'hands'

9. Helping

Lol! Oh you.

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Hi! Thanks for helping this site, I'm sure a lot of people (I know I do) go on this a lot, so thanks for helping, Helping! XD Now the word "helping" just sounds like random sounds!

11. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    Hi Helping!

Oh, and did you know that you can add an avatar?
    You have to click Settings, scroll to the bottom, and look at the links at the side. One of the links should say Edit Avatar.

12. Helping

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't see your posts earlier. I only do what I can, Someone, nothing fancy.
    Thanks for the tip 3D Gamer, I had put one a while ago but it didn't show up, I guess. It's there now though! :D

13. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    hey sorry i was late on greetinf you! ive been kinda busy and cant get to every article but its a plesure to meet you!

14. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I bet there will be a lot of puns on "Helping" (like there hasn't already >_<)!

15. Helping

No problem, homer fanboy :D Pleasure to meet you too.
    And lol, Someone.