1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Gemini Legends: A Feldian Symphony

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Feld0, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Symphony, you say? That caught your eye, now didn't it?

I've said it many times already that I'm a composer, but you're probably all wondering where my music actually is.

Well, wonder no more! :D Today, I present to you the most ambitious project I've ever completed!

[​IMG]
    The Dry Yoshi's name is Kaishi and the black one's is Taeshi. Together, they are the Gemini Chieftains.
    Thanks to starrgrl24 for the album art!

Gemini Legends is a symphony I wrote as a tribute to a series of fan fictions that changed my life. It is based on the events that happen in one of them.

Since I can't find a way to embed audio files here, I'll link out to where it's posted on my personal site; you can listen to and download it there with no need to register or anything. Here you go. That page also contains far more information about what you're about to listen to than this post will, anyway.

That piece of music took seven months for me to write. There are a total of 204 measures in it and 45 distinct parts, for those of you who are musically inclined. Much of the piece is influenced by music from my favourite video games - you might recognize a little reference to Fawful's theme, for instance, a riff from Super Mario 64, or a touch of Super Mario Galaxy, among many others - but since it is a piece of Yoshi fan music, I strived to retain "the Yoshi feel" throughout. One of the movements is even an arranged version of a well-known theme from the Yoshi's Island games.

Yes, you read that right. This whole symphony you're hearing is Yoshi fan music. With that, I believe I rightfully hold the claims to the most ambitious piece of Yoshi fan music ever written. Should also be some hard proof for once of how dedicated I am to those adorable little dinos. :p

So...tell me what you think, everyone! I poured my heart into this symphony when I wrote it, and to this day, I still haven't managed to match it (I've written lots of other music, too, but none of it even comes close to this one in terms of awesomeness). I also welcome critique, if you're willing to give any! ;)

2. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Wow, you did a very good job! Excellent work; I don't see any criticizing I can do!

3. 3D Gamer

Sushie

25%
    Wow!
    I love the music- it makes me want to hum to it now! The artwork is wonderful! Black Yoshi was one of my favourite Yoshis! I've also got to say there is 0% critique from me!

I wish I was as good as that!

4. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    Wow feld0, that was amazing!!!o_O I can't believe you did that!!! I'm pretty sure you said you conducted other songs are they available to download too?

5. Mae Tallick

Lakilester

50%
    Wow... Thats great I prefer doing a bit of techno myself but this is VERY nice

6. Feld0

Thanks for all the great comments, guys! You absolutely sure there's nothing you can criticize about this piece? I'm one of those super-rare people that greatly appreciate (constructive) criticism, so there's no need to hold back.

You can thank my friend for the artwork; she's an absolutely wonderful artist. ^^

@homer fanboy: Yes, I've written a couple of other songs, too, but they are nowhere near as impressive as this one. I'll post 'em up if you want me to, though. ;)

7. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    It would be great if you coul post them!
    P.S why did you post the same thing thing twice
    [/B]EDIT[/B]

ignore the p.s thing it was only like that for a sec!

8. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Feld0, yes, there is absolutely no criticism that I have, and I mean it! I am very picky when it comes to music; rest assured, it's a very good song! :D

9. will

very good but at the end when it goes quiet and then their is one loud note really surprised me not a criticism just saying i nearly feel off my seat

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

If that surprised you, then listen to this song:
    [video=youtube;lLjwkamp3lI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLjwkamp3lI[/video]
    XD

11. Ahytys

LoL nice introduction!!!!
    Welcome!

12. Feld0

2lol, that wasn't really an introduction. I've been here at this site for quite a while. I'm just sharing a piece of music I wrote, and the introductions got jammed together with the "everything else" section here. xD

13. Ahytys

Woops sorry, epic fail xD.
    Nice simphony ;)

14. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

You know how you said in one post that you did that you wrote an email 1,800+ words? Well, I just realized how long that is yesterday, when I wrote a 2,000+ word essay; it took me literally all day!