1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Gamertag system on 3ds?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Ahytys, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Ahytys

Hello guys, I'm really looking forward to march, like you all I guess.
    What I'm wondering now is whether there will be a "Gamertag" system (like the ones on the xbox or on the ps3) or not included in this new handheld.
    I think I'd be happier to give a simple nickname to my friends, instead of a series of numbers (which, on the wii, changes every time you format it :S).
    What do you think? :D

1 person likes this.
  2. will

i hope their is a gamer tag system because i hate friend codes:mad: in my opinion its the wiis greatest down fall

3. DS McGuire

Well the wiis overall down fall is the internet. But it looks like Nintendo are targeting the 3DS at connectvity so I think they will revise that awfull friend code and have a gamertag type system yes :)

4. LukeyPea

This is definitely the thing I am most hoping for, they should add an achievments system too! I'll be so dissapointed if they don't interpret something so great into the system :(

5. Ahytys

I'm not really a fan of the achievement system... but at least with gamertags they would build up an easier way for friends to play together :)

6. LukeyPea

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't go out of my way to get acheivments but it would be cool to earn some badges or whatever whilst you're playing. I'm not saying it from a competitive point of view but more from a collective one :)

7. Ahytys

I understand, but I fear that would end up like it did on xbox live... I think it would be better for some games to have their own "achievements", as it's always been

8. LukeyPea

Yeah, I suppose, but I don't know anybody who has a DS so I doubt I'll know anybody with a 3DS. Chances are I'll have no-one to show my acheivments to and so something like that would come in handy for "lone" gamers like me. I imagine it would keep you playing the game and if could see achievments others had made it would help you in the game, if you know what I'm saying? :|

9. Dannyboy

It would be a cool idea then Nintendo could include achievements in the games which gives us hardcore gamers something more to do. So defenitely do it also they should allow you to have accesories for your mii rather than just colors etc

ps you should make this into a poll for if you think there will or won't be gamer tags :) :cool:

10. GenerlaCraezy

Merlee

17%
    I totally agree with you there, the xbox was getting really annoying because all my friends played on it 24/7 and were so good at it then it turned into a massive competition of who can get the most gs!!! MASSIVE FALLOUTS!!! Don't know how many friendships I've saved because of that...

11. LukeyPea

LOL! Sorry but I don't know what kind of people "fall out" over some virtual achievments, lmao.