1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

Family Guy

Discussion in 'Movies/TV' started by David S, Jan 5, 2017.

1. David S

Goombella

I think this is one of the best shows that have been made. I really love FG for lots of reasons. The episodes I love because they usually have more than one plot, and they usually combine together. The favorite episodes I like are the ones where Brian and Stewie go on different adventures. The reason is this because we learn so much about them. My favorite character is Peter because he is stupid and reckless.

2. triforceguy1

Staff Member Flint Cragley

38%
    I never really cared much for Family Guy if I'm honest. I'll put it on in the background just as background noise, but I wouldn't really put it on to watch watch if that makes sense haha

The jokes just mostly seem too shallow or pointless for me, at least with south park it actually has some meaning or social commentary. Family Guy just usually leaves me feeling stupid... not saying that I haven't laughed at a few of the jokes though

3. ptahm22

Goombella

At first I dismissed FG because it had a strange plot and it addressed issues that were new to me. My friend insisted on watching it and I eventually came to like it. I wouldn't call it the best by my standards but it's worth watching.

4. Demon_skeith

Parakarry

17%
    I liked many of the first episodes, but now I don't even bother with the recent episodes. I mainly like to watch American dad more.

5. Aries

Madame Flurrie

Them together is my favorite part of that show. They have the best adventures.

6. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    Watched it a lot in high school and still think some of the earlier episodes were funny. However as it went on it's become just gross out humor or trying to be as offensive as humanly possible and it's just not entertaining to watch for me anymore.

7. Aries

Madame Flurrie

I disagree, I don't think the show is trying to "be as offensive as humanly possible" at all. This show is pretty tame compared to some of the other shows out there.

8. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    I mean there are worse shows out there. Mr. Pickles and Legends of Chamberlain High come to mind. But still the show has kinda resorted to more shock value than actual comedy. I mean just listing some recent examples I've seen from the show like Stewie impregnating himself with Brian and Peter trying to marry his own son for money, that is literally nothing else but shock value.

9. Aries

Madame Flurrie

Things like that don't shock people as much anymore. It isn't 1950 anymore, the intent of the show is to be funny and entertaining. I doubt there is any maliciousness behind their intentions.

10. Lis4Real25

Staff Member Francis

33%
    True, but my only point is that I enjoyed the first several seasons better than the show it is now. And I mean, there will be a joke in a newer episodes that will make me laugh, but the older episodes actually had a lot of really funny moments to them that I go back and watch every once in a while.
    Just some examples.

But I think it's true of any show that has 10 + seasons, your going to run out of steam and ideas of what you can do with these same characters.

11. Aries

Madame Flurrie

Actually I think it took them all these years to find their footing. They got cancelled, branched out to the Cleveland show and are back to just doing what they do best. Their earlier seasons were a little low brow. Now they are killing it with more edgy & smart stuff. I look forward to the new episodes more now than I used to.