1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Eu and america release date delayed!!!

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by chris, Oct 3, 2010.

?

Will the eu and america release dates be postponed?

1. No. It is just another rumor

90.0%
  2. Yes the dates will be delayed

10.0%
  1. chris

Here is a post saying that the eu and america release date might be postponed:
    3DS European/US Release Delayed?
    Is this just another rumor like the gamestop one and the german newspaper one? Or is it true? A number of reasons could be: not enough money to make yet, not enough time to make and distribute or is it just to hold it back to hype it up a bit more for even more releases?

2. Supper

Uhhhhh, you know that's just the main site and its on the top, so the link is almost pointless. Anyways, I still think Nintendo will release it in there promised time frame, as they would be disappointing many people if they don't stick to there promises.

3. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I hope there won't be a delay. Nintendo has already said it twice that we'll have the 3DS before the end of March.

4. Supper

They also said at the Japan press conference that it would be released in March at EU and NA.

5. chris

Still though if nintendo need to create even more consoles due to the hype it could be delayed

6. Qaiz

They probably started to manufacture the 3DS's since March 2010 since they started talking about them at that time, and did you see how many 3DS's were ready at E3? There were loads of them. Plus they must of already started making them since the 3DS was on schedule to come out this year.

Plus they have until March, thats nearly half a year.

The Wii hit shelves before they even had enough made, they were literally coming off the assembly line and straight into store. They were selling so much that they didn't even put them onto the shelves, they went straight into the peoples hands.

The 3DS is much more prepared, its got longer to be made and its been pushed back to prevent this from happening.

Nintendo are ready.

Reggie Fils-Aime's body is ready

7. Supper

The 3DS was already delayed in the first place; we just didn't know it. They have a lot of time to produce enough and be ready, and there will be groups of people who either think the 3DS is just a 3D DS or they already spent their money on Christmas for something else.

8. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

But they changed the design, so did they have special ones at E3, so if one got stolen, people would be able to tell, or did they just recently change the design and they announced it soon after they changed it? I think the N.A./Europe release date delayed story is just a rumor.

9. Supper

I think they started producing them in Mid-September when the final design was set. If someone stole one, the 3DS would be virtually useless since it has only tech demos and will only last one charge!

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Yeah, unless they got a hold of the one in the display case and got the charging cradle with it.

11. Supper

Even then it would be almost useless; its like stealing a prototype of an IPhone. It would have no use except to look at for a while, and I doubt some person will try to steal one anyways. If they try to, security will probably stop them.

12. DeadEye

The link is broken. And I doubt 3DS will be delayed. Nintendo has ample to time to ensure they have plenty for launch. To be honest I'm shocked they can only produce 4-5 million (they intend to ship 4 million by march 31st and production usually runs ahead of shipments a fair bit) by march 31st given that, at DS's peak, they were manufacturing 2.7 million a month and DS production (based on sales) can't be at more than 1.5. to 1.8 million a month now. Still, this is all just informed and educated speculation on my part. I'm sure there is a good reason why 3DS is being manufactured in comparatively small numbers.

Of course, we are not employed at Nintendo's japan HQ, so it could always be delayed.

13. Supper

The reason production is much slower than before is that the 3D screens for the 3DS are harder to mass produce than the old DS screens.