1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Nintendo 3DS accessories will be available on day 1?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Qaiz, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Qaiz

Do you think accessories for the 3DS will be available at launch of the 3DS ?

3rd party or 1st Party?

A accessory designer recently 'leaked' the Nintendo 3DS release date. The man works at Keysfactory, a company that manufactures accessories.

This could be confirmation that accessories will in fact be available on day one, but its also nice to talk about what accessories will be available.

Why is it important? Well I know many people who are fans of accessories that allow them to customize their consoles with unique stylus and vinyls. Its also good to know that our 3DS's will be kept brand new and protected.

Maybe this should be stickied so we can discuss accessories and post images once we acquire them and review them for people who might want one?

2. GYNGA

Well, I think they will try to release these accessories as fast as they can to collect money from 3DS buyers faster than other accessories manufacturers

3. Qaiz

Yh thats true but do you think most of these manufacturers will have possession of 3DS's to measure them and what not? So many devs' don't even have them yet lol

4. Zaros

Well, I think the dimensions and sizes of the 3DS are released. What could possible be released for the 3DS apart from cases, vinyls, styluses, etc? I'm hoping for some kind of dock or USB.. or maybe something you plug into the game card slot, which you put GBA carts in. Ideas, ideas..

5. Qaiz

Some great ideas there! Didn't think of a GBA slot...

6. Zaros

Of course. There could also possibly be a remote connection with the Wii, but it could cost.

7. GYNGA

As Zaros mentioned I expect to see dock with speakers. Or just pair of speakers with subwoofer. I cannot listen music when there is no subwoofer. The song doesn't sound good to me when there is no sub.

8. Qaiz

I really want to see what cases they come up with, and vinyls as well as a cool stylus

9. Zaros

Zaros is genius (H). Nah, I'm using common sense. If Nintendo make their Music handling thing better (PLEASE USE MP3!!) then this could outdo the iPod in a way. 3D Gaming, 3D movies, and a 3D Camera.

10. Qaiz

Geez you have a mean tone to you posts, you trying to say we don't have common sense now?

11. Zaros

Oh no, I'm sorry >_>! I didn't mean to put it in that way. Sorry :p I was referring to Nintendo.

12. Qaiz

Its okay

OT: The music player better be good

13. Zaros

It should be. I liked the DSi's changeable graphics, but the sound quality (for me) wasn't as good as my Phone's or iPod's. I think they could implement an equalizer. It seems like they have the tech to do so, and if there are headphones in the box I'll be a happy person.

14. chris

Probably just the case and charger will released on day 1

15. GYNGA

I was enjoying the engine sound when played racing games with headset (those big on the ears) and I hope I'll be able to do it with good-quality-sound speakers on 3DS. And I hope the speakers will be affordable for me -_-

16. Qaiz

If the built in speakers are good, or Nintendo package some headphones with it, maybe we wont have to worry :D

17. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I doubt that Nintendo would package headphones with the 3DS; they've never done that in the past, and even if they did, stock headphones that come with devices are almost never of a particularly high quality.

With regards to sound quality, I sincerely hope that developers will bring it up a few notches with cartridge space no longer being an issue; too many DS games suffer badly from overly-compressed samples that distorted otherwise great music and stuff (though there are a few notable exceptions that do manage to sound like console releases IMO, discounting the quality of my headphones, like SM64DS, Zelda: PH & ST, MKDS, and YIDS).

18. Qaiz

Yh but this device is going to be pretty hefty in price, well we think it is as we will find out in 5 days time, compared to the £99 price tag on other handheld launches from Nintendo. Plus headphone are very cheap to make these days.

This 3DS is a big boys toy, not a kids device, sorry to be stereotypical of the other handhelds but they we more for kids in the regard they weren't fiddly or super cool as glasses free 3D

No one expects sennheisers or Bose headphones, just something nice like the iPod headphones supplied with the iPod's and iPhone.

19. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

You've got a point there, I guess. Including headphones with it would actually be a rather good idea, on second thought, now that I think about one of the primary ways Apple markets the iPod.

Think about it: most people don't care about sound quality that much, and are just fine with the stock iPod/iPhone headphones. However, when they walk around listening to music through them, their iconic white Apple design stands out. When you see people walking around with these pretty-looking (albeit not-so-pretty-sounding) headphones, it kinda makes you want to have an iPod, too.

If Nintendo has some kind of spiffy design in mind for headphones, they might be able to do something similar with the 3DS. And as you mentioned, they really don't cost that much to produce, I guess, and would probably be an almost free inclusion for Nintendo.

If they want to try and market the 3DS as a "do-it-all" kind of media device in addition to a gaming handheld, including headphones with it would be a great step forward in the music player department.

20. GYNGA

Even in a new musical-cellphones built-in speakers doesn't sound good to me. And I doubt that 3DS would have built-in high quality speakers, because it raises the price.

Headphones doesn't cost a lot these days, but good quality headphones does. So I would better buy speakers or headphones myself than have it in package. Because then I can choose those which I like and which I can afford. And it is really bad condition when you don't need any of the adds but you must pay for them, because they are in pack.

21. Qaiz

Yes but most people don't care about the quality of the sound, they just want the device to do everything out of the box.

22. Zaros

Well, my iPod touch has a horrible loudspeaker, but decent quality headphone sound.
    My Phone has a good loudspeaker but horrible headphone quality.
    I hope the 3DS has a good loudspeaker (apparently the DSi > iPod touch in loudspeaker) and the headphone quality is good too.

23. Qaiz

Speaker quality doesn't matter. The speaker is used to share the sound not to impress people, everyone knows Headphones are superior for music quality.

24. Supper

The Ipod's earbuds are pretty uncomfortable for me, and that's why I prefer external headphones. I only use earbuds in public because the big headphones look weird with the portable devices, and I use the headphones for my computer.

25. Qaiz

I love the in-ear earphones better then the headphones since they are more discrete and easy to listen to while in bed and in public

26. Supper

Yes, the earbuds are more geared towards being used on the go, while external headphones are usually used at home.

27. Qaiz

Yup, I like using them on the go, but I do have headphones for my PC, tho they hurt my head D:

28. GYNGA

I hate in-ear earphones :mad: they are always dropping out of my ears and without that I still don't like it. I would better use headphones at home but they are to big to use in the street tho. In fact I mostly like good-quality speakers that's why I hope to buy it for 3DS.

29. Roy

Roy

i actually did a quick check on ebay and someone is selling them now!