1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

changes for the legend of Zelda Ocarina of time 3ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Dannyboy, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

With one of the best games of all times being released on Nintendos newest console I thought it would be appropriate to ask people what they would like to see changed on it if anything anything you would like for the game which is appropriate for the game just add it here

2. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I needn't say graphics because it's clear that's the primary reason for the remake, but I'm very hopeful indeed for an orchestrated version of the soundtrack! Especially after having seen this! (yes, you're looking at a fully orchestrated version of the OoT soundtrack there.)

3. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Some new areas with mini-games and stuff to win better weapson would make me want to play it again (if I'd played it before).

4. Qaiz

I hope to see some mini games that take use of the new features on the 3DS since most remakes and ports don't really use the new features (like Super Mario DS) but maybe some mini games using the accelerometer?

A soundtrack with full orchestra would be outstanding. Graphics are obvious but tbh, even if it was a direct port, I would still be excited!

5. brian6330

Parakarry

I would hope to see better graphics, more orchestrated music, try to add some new features, add a harder mode(or play through master quest on it), add some extra quest for when your done, add new weapons, 1 or 2 new dungeons would be nice, and last but not least add a second objective to the game for when you are done with it that you can still do a lot of stuff in it.

Thanks for reading this whole longa** thing that I wrote
    P.S. I played the Ocarina of time for the N64 and I can't wait for the New one! :p

6. Feld0

Yeah, I agree with the Master Quest idea. Just thought of something: what if a remake of Majora's Mask (perhaps with a Master Quest version?) was an unlockable at the end of the game? I think it's appropriate considering that MM is a direct sequel to OoT.

7. Qaiz

I wouldn't want that, the development of OoT is already slow, adding a whole other game to it would make the development even longer :eek:

Plus its not like Nintendo would add it to the end when they can sell MM for the full RRP and get away with millions of units sold.

8. Feld0

Nintendo put a load of NES games into Animal Crossing when they could've sold them as a stand-alone disc. Perhaps that may be the reason why development is coming along slowly...

Here's another thought: who wants to see all the pre-rendered locales in OoT changed to full 3D worlds? Castle Town, I'm looking at you!

9. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    There's NES games in Animal Crossing?

10. zeldaboy10

water temple: fix it.
    tag mode, for instance: banking extra rupees, shopkeep sez " oh someone came here and gave you some extra deku nuts," yeah, thatwould be cool

11. kallumsmarties

i know there r going to be smoothened but r not changing the graphics as they wanna keep it to its originaly state i think its smart tht they didnt change it or else it wouldnt be the same :p but i like the sound of more little minigames cause tht doesnt rly affect the quest most zeldas have little thing anyway to get like more arrows or stuff im interested to see it ;D

12. kallumsmarties

i know most places to get most of the like able to carry more arrows and deku nuts i tihnk what they should do is move thema round so we have to find them in different places or summit ;P

13. Feld0

Eh, they can't really move the locations of key items around too much without making some significant changes to the game flow itself. Last I heard, this was a remake, not a reimagining.

14. jl32194

I love the orchestrated soundtrack.

15. Qaiz

I'm sure thats on of the things being changed on the new game :)

16. Dannyboy

The water temple is one of the things they have confirmed to be working on as it was one of the games downsides

17. Qaiz

That amazing tho, one of the downsides of the greatest game ever made is going to be fixed and replaced with amazing graphics in 3D on the go!

18. StuartY

It needs more Tingle.

SATIRE!

19. Qaiz

I hope Link says something!

Nintendo loves the silent protagonist.

20. Feld0

Link himself probably won't start talking in this game, but I really want to see the rest of the characters get voice acting! It worked in Metroid Prime 3, so why shouldn't it work now?

21. Qaiz

Yup, I would be cool.

Or maybe a narrator that talks throughout the game?

Would make it more like a adventure.

22. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Well, the graphics certainly will be improved. I remember when I tried to play OoT on my Wii, and couldn't even figure out what I was staring at, it still gives me nightmares.

23. Qaiz

Lol, the graphics looks awesome already, cant imagine when playing it tho! :O

24. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Ooh, now THAT would make me get it! I think they should either do that, or have an option that you can toggle for a direct port (storyline-wise) or a new story line. I have never played Majora's Mask, but it looks better than Ocarina of Time (I know people who think OoT was the best game ever will object to that)!