1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Changeable 3DS theme~

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Axis, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Axis

I've heard that the PSP have changeable themes, So Do you guys think its possible for the 3DS to have them too?

They can be official and Fan Made!!

IF its possible..,
    What theme would you like your 3DS to be?? they could be pokemon based,water-based, etc.

I would personally like mine to be based on starcraft or Halo..Even though they arent nintendo games xD
    A Zelda theme wouldn't be bad either...

So what theme would you guys like?

2. jojo71

hey i would choose twilight just kidding hahaha:):p:rolleyes::eek: i how about you can take pictures in 3d to be the backaround wallpaper

3. GYNGA

Themes aren't changeable on DS? OMG, PSP is then a lot far away from DS at this point. You can download millions of themes for PSP whatever you like, you can also create themes by your self or install XMB themes, which are free-designed, dispite icons place, size etc. I hope 3DS will have similar to that.

4. Axis

That's exactly what I'm saying!!
    The ability to add 3D BackGrounds, changing the look of icons...
    Hey maybe even adding a Avatar to represent yourself like on the 360 xD

It would be awesome if people were able to completely change the the way things are shown, for example:
    instead of having the icons align vertically we could make them align horizontally or choose which icon comes after what, etc.

5. kallumsmarties

does sound interesting and change it now and then so u get nice pic eveytime :) 3ds will make loads of stuff look crap even heard some xbox games r going onto it cause they say it be better on it LMFAO nintendo must be doing summit right if game makers r changing to nintendo consoles now

6. Qaiz

I'm hoping you will be able to use your 3D pictures as a background image on the main menu.

7. Axis

Although i dont see how 3d BGs will fit..
    But am still Open to new ideas xD

8. Qaiz

If the interface was 3D, it would be awesome.

9. Roy

Roy

3d backgrounds would be cool, and they could fit with semi transparent menus or something.
    It would be cool if there was flipnote stuidio 3d and you could make themes on that.

10. Qaiz

Yes that would be cool :D

3D paining :p

11. Axis

Now that I think of it...
    It would be REALLY awesome to have the selected item on the menu,POP up in your face!!

12. Qaiz

Yup it would :D

And when you start a game the Nintendo logo pops up in your face

Maybe have accelerometer controls in the menu? Like if you tilt the device to the left, all the menu kinda falls to the left :p

13. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I will bow down in respect if Nintendo gives me a Yoshi theme. Especially if it has colour variations like the yoshis themselves do.

Did I just type that?

Motion-based menus sound a little gimmicky and ultimately useless to me. They will never match the accuracy of buttons or the stylus. A camera-based menu might be pretty neat (think Iron Man 2) now that I think of it, but even that will get tiring after a while.

In response to something about avatars on the previous page, I've got a good feeling that Miis will be fully supported on the 3DS. By "fully," I mean that the support will be better and more extensive than the Wii's.

14. GYNGA

3D icons in the themed menu would look cool.

15. Axis

You really are a Yoshi Fan Feld0 Hahaha~! :)
    What are the usefulness of Miis and the xbox Avatars anyway?

16. hodgem08

miis are useful because you can play as yourself in games or make ur own character and people can see them online

17. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'd like themes. They'd make a great addition. Nintendo could probably make some money with that on the 3DSWare shop. Maybe have a couple standard installed themes, and if you want something special like in Feld0's case Yoshi, you could buy it from the 3DSWare shop. I wouldn't want to have to pay for them, but as long as they're cheap I'd be fine with it.

18. GYNGA

You think that Nintendo wouldn't be enough of money just of sells of 3DS and its games? I wouldn't buy themes even if it would be cheap.

19. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    They're going to make millions of dollars off it already, but they might charge for themes if they could. Then again, Nintendo's system menus don't have a lot of customization. There probably won't be themes.

20. Qaiz

So your saying the Wii is a gimmick too! *gasp*

Sigh... You do realize that this device isn't created just for you, right? Kids will buy this, so will adults, boys and girls.

My little brother would love some motion controlled menus to waste time on and mess about. My dad would be amazed too, yes for a little time, but so what? The DS line and the 3DS line-up is one that does things differently and aims at a large target audience.

You might not like it and might think its useless to yourself, but as a Human, I realize that whats useless to me might not be to other people.

The number 1 problem with tech lovers, they think everything is made for them self, sigh....

21. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Personally, I'd love that little gimmicky menu. It would be fun to mess around with. That actually wouldn't really be a gimmick though. It's not like Nintendo is gonna say look at this menu... NOW BUY IT!

22. Qaiz

Gimmicks are fun, you need a bit of a Gimmick sometimes.

A little food for thought. People thought the iPhone was a gimmick and touch screens will never catch on, I mean what if it breaks or cracks, you cant use it, and what if you hand starts to hurt?

Thats all the things people use to say, now you cant find a phone without a touch screen. I'm not saying motion menus will take over the world, but its fun and something different. Same with 3D televisions, who wants to wear glasses indoors?

Well some people do.

23. GYNGA

In fact, you can find a cellphone without touchscreen :D

And it's really hard to say how will look the future. Who known 5 years ago that 80% of mobile phones will be touchscreen nowadays? So I hardly imagine that motion-sensor menu will be popular one day, but I agree with Qaiz and who knows, after 5 years this feature might have 80% of consoles.

24. brian6330

Parakarry

It would be really nice if you can use a custom theme for the 3DS
    Zelda, Mario, Sonic, and Kingdom Hearts Themes would be nice.

25. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'd want a Luma theme. Lumas are absolutely amazing, and adorable too. :D

26. Qaiz

We don't know what can happen later down the line. We cant write something that hast happened yet, the future is just a blank page.

Who knew Sony would copy the Wii?

People would of laughed at that idea 2 years ago, look now, we have PlayStation Move.

27. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    What are you talking about?

28. Qaiz

Its a reply to GYNGA
    :mad:

29. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Oh sorry! His post was just... well I'm sorry. :(

30. Qaiz

Lol don't worry about it, I should of quoted him anyways to make it more clear :/