1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

Apps for 3ds

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Dannyboy, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Dannyboy

Ok so one thing which has me wondering is "will the 3ds have apps installed into it like the i phone etc you know handy little apps that are sometimes used and some which are just fun things which aren't quite games such as a virtual drum kit etc. So talk about it here :cool::D

2. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    apps like itouch apps would be great on the 3DS. I always thought that the dsi should have had them.

3. Qaiz

Well the DSi had the DSi Ware thing, so it should. But don't expect all the iPhone and android apps on it, the apps are made with the iPhone and android devices in mind and I'm sure Nintendo would want a huge share of the profits, which would drive devs away.

I mean look at the PSP Mini titles, they didn't go down to well as they were over priced apps.

Its funny how you guys hate the iPhone and are all like "the iPhone is evil! Lord Nintendo, I worship you!" and then want iPhone apps on your device....

4. Homer Fanboy

93%
    i never said i hate ipod, i love apple!

5. StuartY

I don't think Nintendo will do this, it's part of what makes their business model different from Apple.

6. Homer Fanboy

93%
    still, it wouldnt hurt to add an app store. I always thought that nintendo and apple should temaup andget even more mone!!!!!

7. Qaiz

They would never team up. Nintendo are a Japanese company that believes they make products at a cheap price and sells them at cheap prices.

Apple is an american company that believes that they should make a device at a premium price and sell it at a high price too.

See? To opposites cant work together.

8. will

i dont think it will have apps like the iphone but it may have channels like the wii

9. Homer Fanboy

93%
    the dsi already kinda had channels so we can already expect that

10. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Oh really? We have a Mac computer, my dad has an iPhone (my brother does, too), my cousin has an iPod Touch and my mom has an iPod Shuffle. I don't worship Nintendo, either; I like Xbox games and some Playstation games, and I'm planning on getting a PSP if the 3DS is too expensive. That last sentence that you said is a huge stereotype on people that are on this forum, and a huge incorrect one at that. Some people may be like that, though. . . .

I kind of think they should have just downloadable games on it, just so people won't whine about how they copied Apple! Plus, they haven't gone wrong with downloadable games, but they should spend more time making better quality games for it (I prefer quality over quantity), unlike the DSi Shop Channel.

11. Homer Fanboy

93%
    i agree with Someone id like to see some improved dsi ware typr games