1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

3DS Walkthroughs?

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Someone, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I was thinking about the 3DS and how the Home button will enable you to look on the internet for walkthroughs, and I thought of something: how will people do video walkthroughs for the 3DS games? There's a slim chance of emulators, but it sounds like Nintendo is cracking down on piracy. Is there anything you can plug in to handhelds to record it, like this?

By the way, 100th post!

2. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    It looks like that's what the woman in the Japanese 3DS trailer is doing when should goes online to look at a Nintendogs page halfway through a playing the game. Most people will have to stick to text based walkthroughs or pointing the camera at the console unfortunately.

Congrats on your 100th post!

3. Dannyboy

Why wouldn't they be able to do video walkthroughs? just use a camera with recording features so what if the 3d doesn't come out on the video it wouldn't matter.

Maybe I am wrong and if so inform me why video walkthoughs won't be possible :)

4. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I meant High Quality video walkthroughs, sorry!

5. Supper

Or they could just turn the 3D off and continue to normally record video walkthroughs. 3D computers are in the works right now, so later in the 3DS' lifespan emulators may be existent.

6. chris

Hopefully there will be an option to download streamed videos like on youtube

7. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

I mean full screen walkthroughs such as this where it seems like it's actually being played on your screen.

8. Dannyboy

Oh right i thought you meant just video walkthroughs in general I don't know if it would be possible but how do they do it currently? why don't they do it like that but with the 3d effect of like i said no one would mind the lack of 3d images as if they are playing it they have experienced the effect of the game already as the people who are watching it are generally stuck and don't understand speech walkthroughs. Simple :)

9. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

They usually use emulators, such as that video, but they can also use things that plug in to the TV (only if it's a home console, though). For handhelds, people usually use emulators.

Oh, and you're almost on your 100th post!

10. Supper

Hopefully Nintendo will have an in-game video taker so these problems could be avoided!

11. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

That would be nice!

12. Fifth_Muskateer

I know there's a website called wiicade, where you can play games on the Wii online.

13. Supper

WiiCade looks like a shady website; are the games torrented?

14. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

No, I think they are custom games, since the person who made Wiicade also made DSiCade, and on DSiCade, they have custom games.

15. Supper

Ok. Does the website also sponsor walkthroughs?

16. Someone

Someone Grammar Cop

Sorry for the late reply, but no, they do not, Supper. Maybe they can make something like this:
    [video=youtube;gDIE-WjTBZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDIE-WjTBZ0[/video]
    (I don't know if I've posted this already or not)

17. Homer Fanboy

Staff Member Flint Cragley

93%
    it would be cool if you can split the screen; half video walk through, half the game you are playing.