1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You may notice some advertisements while visiting NintyBuzz. For a less interrupted experience, please either log in to your account, or register for a free one.
Sorry for any inconvenience.

3DS VS ps2 Graphics

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Qaiz, Oct 3, 2010.

1. Qaiz

Tales of the Abyss is a game that was realsed in 2005 on the legendary PlayStation 2. It was a fairly good looking game with anime esque graphics. It was developed by Namco Tales Studio and published by Namco in Japan and Namco Bandai Games in North America.

It is RPG. And now its coming to the 3DS.

But how does this 3DS game compare to the PS2? Is it seriously better then the PS2 or is that a load of shenanigans? Well have a look for your self and see! ;)

Left Side Is The 3DS ---- Right Side Is The PS2

[​IMG]

2. chris

You could see the 3d screens without you labeling them. They do seem much better

3. will

thats a decaffeinate a win for the 3ds plus is this game coming to europe it looks quite interesting.

4. Supper

I think the 3DS has the better graphics by a little bit.

5. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

The 3DS wins, hands-down. Where's the self-shadowing, though?

6. Qaiz

The 3DS does look a bit better due to the fact the PS2 looks a lot more blurry and soft while the 3DS is more sharp and bright.

Also, sorry about the image size, the forum doesn't allow me to add more then 5 images so I had to add the images into a collage.

7. Supper

They're still working on the game, so self-shadowing might be implemented later.

8. Qaiz

Yh I would think so

9. Supper

Was Tales Of The Abyss released near the beginning or the end of the lifespan of the PS2?

10. Qaiz

The PS2 was released in 2000 and this game was released in 2005 and considering the PS2 is still being sold, its about mid-end of the life since the PS2 was basically dead since the PS3 came out in 2006-2007

But dont use this game as what the PS2 was capable of, this didn't even do half of what the PS2 could do. Look at a game called Black and even God Of War 2 and shadow of colossus to see the true power of the decade old PS2.

11. Supper

Ah, I see now. Do you think the 3DS' graphics can be used any better than Capcom has shown with Resident Evil?

12. Qaiz

definitely. It will get better 100%

Consoles are made with long legs. They start off with the worst graphics since the developers are not used to making games for that platform. Capcom are not that familiar to making 3DS games since its very new.

As time goes on, the developers get used to the hardware and utilize it to its full potential.

If you look at PS3 launch games, it didn't look that good, but now they look insane.

This is also due to the fact developers invest more money into consoles once it has proven its self to bring in profits.

Also, take in mind that the 3DS carts are 2GB at launch but may get bigger over time.

The thing is tho, the 3DS is already being used quite effectively due to the fact its easy to make games for and easy to port games too. I have no doubt however that the 3DS will get better. The 3DS isn't even out yet.

13. Supper

With the graphics already being this good, I wonder how the graphics of new games on the 3DS will look in 2 years...... *mouth waters*

14. Qaiz

I know, but the screen is small, so even with graphics not being 100% of the full capability, they could still look amazing.

15. Supper

Combine that with 3D, and this will be one of the best handhelds of all time!

16. Qaiz

You could say that :p

Nintendo might one up this with the nest 'Wii 2' (or what ever it will be called) tho

17. Supper

I think they won't announce the Wii's successor until at the earliest E3 2011 and I expect it to be released in 2012. The GCN had a five year lifespan along with the 3DS. Perhaps the lifespan of the Wii will be higher, but at the rate its selling at right now, its lifespan is ending.

18. Feld0

The Wii's definitely on its way out. Zelda: Skyward Sword will probably be its last big game; Nintendo has a tendency to bring out the biggest of the big guns when a system is near the end of its life. It's going out with one hell of a bang, too: Donkey Kong Country, Kirby, Zelda (and if you stretch it a little, even Super Mario Galaxy 2); all those are huge, badass, hardcore games. If they're pushing them out now, the Wii probably doesn't have much more than a year left. Expect an announcement at E3, with a release within a year from it (Nintendo has said that they plan to reveal the Wii's successor as close to launch as possible; apparently, they've invented something that will revolutionize videogames, and they don't want anyone to have time to copy it).

19. Qaiz

Speaking of E3, do you guys think next Nintendo E3 conference will be dominated by the 3DS? Maybe Sony will show a new PSP2 as well. The 3DS release isn't far off from 2011 E3 and the Wii is dead

20. chris

When is the next e3 meeting on

21. Qaiz

Around June 7-9 2011

22. chris

Oh thats ages away. By that time nintendo will have sold thousands of consoles if not millions

23. Qaiz

Yh Thats my point.

I'm Trying to say, will E3 be full of new 3DS games and trailers as well as statistics of sales and what not since its only 3 months after the 3DS launches.

I'm saying, will the Wii be left out at E3 and will the 3DS dominate Nintendo's E3.

24. jojo71

off topic: hey maybe it'll be called nintendo puu jks*:confused::eek::rolleyes:

25. Supper

The primary question here is if Nintendo will talk about the 3DS and Wii on E3 next year or if they will announce the Wii's successor. Technically, it is about time they do; the Gamecube lasted from 2001-2006, so the Wii's lifespan should end next year.

26. Feld0

It's about time they announced the Wii's successor. PlayStation Move has already managed to establish itself as "what the Wii was meant to be, but never was," so it would be smart of Nintendo to hit the hammer home soon before Sony manages to take all but their most devoted fanbase away.

27. Qaiz

Nintendo will NOT bring out the Wii successor until around 3 years from now.

If they announce a new Wii within a year of the 3DS's launch, it will steal the 3DS's thunder and its hype and would spoil one of the greatest handhelds in a long time.

That would not happen, and As I posted many times, Satoru Iwata said himself...

“I am afraid to say that the history of entertainment is also the history of imitation. A great idea will promptly be copied unless protected through patents.” he said.
    “At the same time, it is really important for our business to positively surprise people. Will you be surprised by our completed product if we told you how it is surprising three years in advance?”

28. Roy

Roy

3ds wins methinks

29. Supper

What I'm saying is that I think the Wii's successor will be announced in E3 2011 and released in 2012. The DS was released in 2005 and the Wii in 2006. The 3DS will be released in 2011, and that opens up a release date for 2012 for the Wii's successor. There is also this:

30. will

i think i will probably get the wiis successor hopefully they will make the nunchuk just as motion sensitive as the main remote and give it a pointer so you could use two guns at once in a shooter.