1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

3DS Price Guesses

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by Adam, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    We've had some news on the DSi price going down and how it could influence the 3DS. What do you think the 3DS will cost?

2. Qaiz

As I said before

3. GYNGA

I think about $220 in USA, but in my country's shops it should cost much more. Maybe about $260 - $300.

4. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

I still think it's gonna be around $200 in the US (maybe $210 or $220 up in Canada, where I live), but it's possible that they'll rack it up to $250 if you ask me. No-glasses 3D is very hot technology, and people will probably be willing to pay a premium for it. Nintendo will probably want to make as much money as possible off the hype while they can still use the novelty of the tech as an "excuse" to charge lots.

5. GYNGA

Agree, there's almost no opponents in shops(despite PSP), even if the price will be bigger, people will buy 3DS. Especially because it has 3D technology what makes people want this gadget even more. And surely a lot good games already anounced(MGS: Snake Eater 3D, Kid Icarus etc.), and all Nintendo fans, all MGS fans, all Mario fans will buy it, even if it will cost $50 more.

6. Qaiz

People will buy the 3DS, But remember its the hardcore fans like ourself that will make 3DS sell.

We will buy it no matter what, and then when we show our friends/family/colleagues they will see the 3D effect and then they will buy it.

Its word of mouth that will sell this thing. Most people think the 3DS is just a 3D DS

7. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I'm guessing either $200 to $220.

8. Qaiz

I hope its under $250, that would mean it will be priced at £161...sounds to cheap.

I'd say £200, which translates to $300, sounds too much now lol

Under $300 and I'l get it day 1

9. chris

It should be around €200

10. DJ-Cube

I'm from the UK, And I'm guessing £179.99 or under. Same price as the wii then, I'd be shocked if it was more than that. (Coz then I couldn't get any games!!!)

11. andyj3DS

I suspect with Nintendo cutting the price of the DSi and the DSi XL, they're probably trying to keep the £169.99 to £199.99 price range clear. I've got a feeling it will probably be £189.99. Although this is the UK so £249.99. RIP OFF BRITAIN Ha Ha !!

12. Angel792

$999 duh!

very cheap |)

13. Qaiz

it should be around £200, but I wouldn't be surprised if we are over pricing it :/

14. OthelloIII

Let me put it this way, I've put up a little blue peter-esque chart on my wall tallying how much money I've put away for my 3DS fund and I'm estimating £300 at the top considering the fact that I'll be buying it with a release game bundle (assuming at least one of my target games like pokemon, lylat wars or zelda are in it).

Would you reckon that would fit into the price trend or am I over/under pricing it?

15. hodgem08

I hope it will be £200 or less so i can get it in christmas but we have to wait for the 29th to see

16. GYNGA

I have $150 already in my money-box :) If I will buy new 3DS that will cost ~200 then I need just ~$50. Nut very much, but I'm afraid that it can cost more. Maybe around $250 :(

17. chris

About 200. But most game stores like gamestop will do good deals like a free game and console for €220

18. hodgem08

yeah they'll probobly do like a mario kart bundle or something for £230

19. Qaiz

The thing is, stores might charge you more due to the hype machine. People will pay all sorts to get their hands on it

20. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    That is true, Nintendo's going to have to find some unique advertising techniques for it to show people that the 3D works.

21. GYNGA

They could put TVs in the streets with 3D screens :D

22. Qaiz

Well the advert they showed at the E3 event was awesome.

What they should do is have a commercial that has some dev's talking about how awesome it is. Keep it simple and make the person watching it want more.

They don't even need a advert tho, think about it. All the gamers will buy it no matter what. We haven't even seen it or held it and we already want one. We will then show it to our family and friends who are less technical, and they will want one.

And so the sales will begin.

And they should have demo units in stores for you to try, just like the Wii.

23. GYNGA

In fact, I have never seen any iPhone advertisement made by Apple. But when that cellphone came to my country there was queues near the stores to buy it. It cost more than $1000, but people still bought it and people wanted it. I wanted it too and I still like that mobile phone. That's strange, because companies spends a lot of money for advertisements and it is really needed if you want your brand to be well known :confused:

24. Qaiz

A company like Nintendo will sell just on word of mouth and still sell tons

25. OthelloIII

Saying that have you seen the new terrible adverts for mario?

Awful.

26. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    That is true, but I'm sure there will be doubters that don't believe it will work and want to see it with themselves. Then when their friends shove it in their face and say how awesome it is, they'll realize they've been missing out.

27. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

And that is exactly how the 3DS is gonna sell. There are already so many difficulties involved in marketing the 3D effect in traditional ways that Nintendo will probably pull an Apple on us and rely on their core fans (us) to grab the first production run of the 3DS and start showing it off everywhere, telling those with DSs, iDevices, and PSPs that we've got a device like theirs but exponentially more awesome. We'll be showing the 3D effect off to the people that proudly chug iBeer; soon, those same people will realize that stuff popping out into your face is cooler than a beer mug simulation and will want a 3DS, too. Welcome to the world of viral marketing, where the product's manufacturer doesn't even need to lift a finger to make it happen.

Wait, what? New Mario ads? Show 'em to me, please! :D

28. OthelloIII

29. GYNGA

"This video contains content from Nintendo UK, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." WTF is this? I see this nonsense for the first time :(

30. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    Same! It's really weird. I didn't know companies could even do that.