1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. I see you've stumbled upon NintyBuzz Forums. Why not join in the fun and create an account now!
    Dismiss Notice

3DS Design

Discussion in 'DS/3DS' started by GYNGA, Sep 1, 2010.

1. GYNGA

I don't know have you seen these photos, but take a look:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So what do you think about the 3DS design? i think PSP look more beautiful, but Nintendo design is much more practical, because the screen is really safe from scratches and dusts when it's closed.

2. GYNGA

OMG I can't put more that 4 photos in one post. So here other 4 pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. GYNGA

And other 4 :(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. GYNGA

And the last pics. Sorry for 4 posts in a row :|
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Feld0

Feld0 Former 3DS Buzz Admin

Ooh, yes, I've seen these before, but forgot about them. Some of the finest 3DS photography in existence! I can't really say much about it, but I'd like to draw your attention to the eighth pic: notice the wireless switch. I take that as confirmation that the 3DS's wireless functionality can be enabled and disabled. I hope this doesn't mean that every 3DS user will turn their wireless off to save battery and essentially kill the prospect of tag mode.

6. Adam

Staff Member Ms. Mowz

70%
    Well spotted. Good point Feld0

7. Qaiz

Yh I've seen these pictures, looks nice.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Feld0

This thread is becoming very unwieldy and disorganized to look at. I'll move this pics into a gallery on the main site tomorrow. Is that okay with you, Adam?

9. blbeau

blbeau INACTIVE

I think they should have changed the design a little bit more, it looks too much like nintendos 7th generation hanhelds. They should change the design a bit more when they release a gaming device that belongs to a whole new generation. It does look very sexy though.

10. will

its not supposed to look sexy its a games console am i the only one who thinks it looks good.

11. Qaiz

I think its good that the design is similar to the DS in many ways.

For instance, it means they can carry on the key ingredients from the DS. This means that it will be less flawed due to the fact its carrying on 5 years worth of DS designs.

If they started a totally different design, it would be something new for them and thus many flaws will be in the design. It's just adding to the successful design that was the DS.

If they started a new design it would be alien to the company in a way and many mess up's may happen. This would be because of the fact Nintendo would be out of their comfort zone.

The DS design is also one that everyone knows. This means it will not only bring a small learning curve to the experience, but people will associate the success of the DS to the 3DS.

12. Feld0

I think it looks pretty sexy.

Qaiz, I agree with you. It's definitely a good thing that Nintendo chose not to meddle too much with the design of the 3DS; the way it looks now, it's a bit like a somewhat utilitarian, but very elegant hybrid between the Phat and the Lite. I like it.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with the DS design. I, personally, love it. I'd actually be kinda sad if Nintendo went the Apple way and started making everything look like expensive toys, or if they returned to the GameBoy style, which looked a bit more like cheaper toys.

13. StuartY

I can't say it's mindblowing, but it's not ugly either. I'm glad that the games and the capabilities are centre stage, rather than a showy design.

14. GYNGA

I would like to have this: :)

[​IMG]

It looks so... Modern :D

15. Feld0

Oooh, I remember that fan design. 'Twas my favourite one of all of them, and to this day, I still prefer it over what the official design turned out to be (minus the placement of the slide pad; I like it better when it's on the upper-left corner of the bottom half of the device). Ginormous touchscreen...ah, I wish. :p

16. Qaiz

I like the Clam shell design, it not only protects the screen from the same fate as the PSP but it looks elegant and cool.

It also means you can have some privacy and pull the top screen up at an angle, this also creates a shadow and furthermore protects the screen from rain drops.

The only thing I would love, is if there were media buttons on the top. This would never happen, and it would make the 3DS
    look less attractive, but I would love to use the 3DS as a media device, storing all my music and movies (2D and 3D) on it, but having to open the device up to change a song would be, not too bad, but a bit inconvenient.

I guess its okay if you have headphones with buttons on it tho :D

17. jl32194

It looks a bit to big. Wouldn't be too portable. I would like the bigger touchscreen, though.

18. kallumsmarties

haha no i like the look its not over the top but still looks good in its own way isnt to in ur face and it isnt bad looking i like it

19. kallumsmarties

omg i saw tht when iw as looking into the 3ds and there even more kinds i saw and non looked like the real one i like how it looks very retro tht pic looks they should make tht a limited edition 3ds

20. Qaiz

Doesn't look right at all tbh, like all fan concepts :p

My hands would cramp up in seconds.

21. Roy

Roy

I like the design. A few changes would be nice but I'm not complaining.

Why does everyone like the fan design. It looks a bit naff.

22. Feld0

Roy, please don't double post in the future unless there's a technical reason you can't avoid.

I like that design 'cause it looks very futuristic; very "next-gen," that is.

23. Qaiz

The 3DS look better as it is now, tho I do like the look of the DSi Xl due to its subtly glossy coating and its neat lines.

24. chris

Nintendo should release a later version that has both screens working with 3d

25. Feld0

Not gonna happen. According to them, touchscreens "don't play nice" with 3D screens, and even the tinest little scratch will ruin the 3D effect. What they might make, though, is a 3DS with a wider viewing angle.

26. Qaiz

Well most phones that are transitioning to 3D use touch input on the same screen, and the same can be said with the plethora of Tablet devices from sharps and other manufacturers that will use 3D and touch capacitive screens.

You shouldn't really believe everything Iwata says, It would work, but because the screen is small, your hand would cover the 3D effect anyways, plus the screen is resistive.

And as for Nintendo adding it later on, they won't. They cant make another version of the console with vastly different specs.

It's like the people who say you should wait for the next revision of the 3DS because it might have 2 slide pads, thats not true, all they can do is improve things like the battery life, screen size, device weight/size or add more cache or over-clock the CPU at most.

Yes The DSi added camera's, but it didn't change much of the device like two 3D screens would.

My 2 cents

27. chris

Nintendo should also try releasing a 3d phone. If they did i would buy it

28. Qaiz

No, they shouldn't.

The market is too fragmented as it is.

Many people are actually debating about weather Nintendo should be handheld exclusive, and you want more! 0_O

It wouldn't work, trust me.

29. ryty1231

Yoshi

25%
    I like the design a lot actually. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

30. GYNGA

I would buy a 3D phone too, even not a Nintendo phone, a Samsung or Sony Ericsson or HTC, but 3D feature on the (with 3-5 megapixel 3D camera) phone would be cool.