Nintendo Switch Hands On – Ask Your Questions

UPDATE – There’s till a bit of time to submit your questions!

Let’s be honest, 2016 has been pretty lame, many icons have died, a racist who has been Tango’d is president, and Breath of the Wild still isn’t out. 2017 looks like it will turn out much better. It’s definitely gong to start of with a bang, especially with the big Nintendo Switch Presentation in January. I was lucky enough to receive an invite to a hands-on event for the Switch, soon after the presentation.

We hope to have some big questions answered during the live presentation, but maybe there are some specific questions that can only be answered after trying out the console. Because of this, I plan to hold a AMAA on my Nintendo Switch experience. Ask any questions you may have about the Switch (within reason) below, and I’ll try my best to answer them. To ask your questions, you will need to have created an account on the forum.

Expect to find out more about my Nintendo Switch experience soon after the 13th January 2017!

By | 2017-01-13T07:09:11+00:00 January 13th, 2017|Nintendo, Nintendo Switch|14 Comments

About the Author:

I am a huge Nintendo fan, hence why NintyBuzz exists. I especially love all things Zelda and Metroid. NintyBuzz was started by me back in the Summer of 2014, it started out mainly as a hobby, though the site has gradually grown, and I hope it grows for many years to come!

14 Comments

1. Blarg December 21, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Cool 🙂

2. Lis4Real25 December 21, 2016 at 10:19 pm

My main question is how comfortable the different controls are in your hand. I know the single Joycon as a controller seems a little to small for me, but I have big hands too.

Also if Super Mario Switch is playable there, how does it feel and play? Is it more like 3D World or like 64 and Galaxy?

3. RedBomber December 21, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Did you try out Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Skyrim Remastered?

Also just by looking at it how good did the graphics look on the portable screen?

4. triforceguy1 December 22, 2016 at 5:30 am

Did you try out Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild and Skyrim Remastered?

The Hands On event isn't until the 13th January 😉

5. RedBomber December 22, 2016 at 5:30 am

The Hands On event isn't until the 13th January 😉

Ya those are my questions for when it happens? 😛

6. PandaStripe December 22, 2016 at 1:18 pm

You lucky duck, you.

I would just like to know any coming games for launch, I plan on buying the Switch during the summer when I have the money- and have enough for my 2017 fall semester books.

If Breath of the Wild is playable, how are the controls?

7. JennyorAlice January 10, 2017 at 7:18 pm

What kind of games will they make for this console?  Are there any confirmed yet?

8. Mae Tallick January 13, 2017 at 5:33 am

Do the trigger buttons feel as though they’re analog or digital?

9. Mae Tallick January 13, 2017 at 7:11 am

Do the trigger buttons feel as though they’re analog or digital?

10. triforceguy1 January 13, 2017 at 7:12 am

test

11. Blarg January 13, 2017 at 10:19 am

The joy-cons when locked in the grip look pretty uncomfortable. Am I correct in that assumption, or is the controller comfortable to use?

12. Kooper January 13, 2017 at 9:25 pm

Are they going to make a good paper mario anytime soon?

On a serious note, what is the weight of the tablet like vs an ipad?

13. Ultra Kart Racer IV January 14, 2017 at 3:12 pm

As a guy that never owned a Wii U, the Switch looks really good.

When it's disconnected from the TV, is there any difference in framerate?

Because I want to know if Mario Kart 8 will still run at a crispy 60fps while on battery power. 😛

14. Pazzie January 18, 2017 at 9:39 pm

Could the screen on the Switch get marked by removing it and placing it in the dock. Wondering this as thinking back to the mistake they made with the 3DS at launch.

15. The Black Jester January 23, 2017 at 4:49 am

I have a question, how big are your hands. It's a switch question, and matters. I Boom-Boom about that issue a lot, but if the SNES came out today it may be the same, the Genesis System would win out on contoler size, back then my hands were big for the time, but I am megamorphic. SNES had one of the most comforting shapes for a controller though.
    It's a scale perspective question basically.
    The controls are pretty small, Screen too, and understand it's heavier than the Wii U control (screen) pad. How true does that seem?
    How is Splatoon an MK8 without the second screen? Like maps and all. Any sign it will allow ethernet connections?
    Heard what online subscriptions will cost?