Those of you who have turned on Nintendo’s box of joy this morning already would’ve have gotten a pleasant surprise as Nintendo recently published an update for the Wii U console, making all updated consoles running version 5.2.0 of the Wii U operating system. Of course it is expected to see that they have improved stability of the console, however this time round Nintendo are treating us Wii U owners to a few other neat enhancements.
Check out the full list of improvements after the break!
The biggest enhancement of this update is the ability to create folders for all your applications and games. The 3DS adopted that feature last year and many people have been begging to see a return of it for the Wii U. Not only can you create folders, but you can also customise the colours of them to add a bit of excitement to your home screen!
The HOME menu has also seen a bit of a revamp, personally I think it looks much better, simple and sleek.
Here’s the lowdown of the entire update:
Changes to the Wii U Menu:
- Folders can now be created in the Wii U Menu to hold and organize software icons
- A Download Management icon has been added to the Wii U Menu
Changes to Quick Start Menu:
- The Quick Start Menu will now display when the Wii U is powered on from the Wii U GamePad TV Remote
- Options have been added to Power Settings that allow users to hide certain software from the Quick Start Menu
Changes to the HOME Menu:
- The design and layout of the HOME Menu has been updated
Changes to the Nintendo eShop:
- Disabled usage of characters not used when redeeming Nintendo eShop cards (O, I, Z, etc.)
Improvements to system stability and usability:
- Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience
What are you thoughts on the new update? What else do you think could be improved? Tell us in the comments!
Source – NoA